This fall, I once again participated in the ALLi Indie Author Fringe Festival, which is a day-long series of online workshops for independent authors. My sessions usually focus on the nuts and bolts of digital media, but this time I dug into the more psychological side of the writing life—how to bring together the art and business sides of our career in a way that doesn’t feel like a bad marriage. Here’s a direct link to the video; it’s a 30-minute talk.
Other sessions that you may find useful:
- Key Clauses Indie Authors Need to Watch for in Traditional Publishing Contracts
- How to Hitch Your Digital Marketing to the Bottom Line
- Best Writing and Self-Publishing Tools for Authors
- Should Indie Authors Go KDP (Amazon) Exclusive or Go Wide?
- Tax Matters for Indie Authors
- EU VAT: Pay Attention or Pay a Fine
View all sessions here; if you watched any that were particularly helpful, let me know in the comments!