I try to respond to all of the messages I receive, especially well-crafted emails that get to the point quickly.
For those of you seeking free writing and publishing advice, try to be reasonable with your request. If it takes me 2 minutes to respond, I will. If your message requires a complex or multi-faceted response, one that really requires a consultation, then you won’t hear back from me.
I often ignore publicity pitches because they don’t reflect a good understanding of what gets posted on this site. For example, I don’t write book reviews, so don’t ask. However, I love to excerpt books on writing and publishing, especially if I’m choosing the excerpt.
One-on-One Appointments and Consulting
- I frequently consult on an hourly basis with authors, businesses, and nonprofits, and I sometimes accept select editing and publishing projects; click here for more information. You can also find recommended editors on my resources page.
- You can also schedule a phone or Skype consultation with me very efficiently; check my availability and book your appointment now. My rate is $150/hour.
General advice—or the kind you get for free
If you’re looking for free assistance on writing and publishing, try the following:
- Read my 101 post on how to get published
- Browse my free writing advice archive
- Check out my updated list of favorite resources for writers
Want to write a guest post?
Check the guest post archives to get an idea of what type of guests and guest posts I typically accept. I rarely accept guest posts from people or businesses outside of the writing and publishing community, and I am extremely picky.