Last week, I spoke with Joanna Penn about trends in the publishing industry, e-books and self-publishing, and online marketing (and some other stuff!).
Here’s a brief overview of my Twitter comments, as summarized by Joanna:
On twitter. Jane has over 150,000 followers. Jane was an early adopter but didn’t understand it initially and so abandoned it. Once she had figured it out, she loved it and used it strategically. Her early start was part of the growth of her account. She was one of the first people in writing and publishing tweeting useful links and has stuck to this strategy. She tweets 3-6 times per day and doesn’t use it very conversationally. Twitter has had an amazing impact. Jane explains some of the opportunities that have come her way through the connections she’s made online. [I second this – Twitter, along with blogging, has changed my life.] Social media opportunities also snowball over time. It doesn’t happen immediately. Have patience. Be authentic. Enjoy the process.
Latest posts by Jane Friedman (see all)
- The Best Websites for Writers - April 20, 2015
- Updated: The Key Book Publishing Paths in 2015 [Chart] - April 17, 2015
- Free Class on Content Marketing - April 15, 2015
- Interview with Jane: Understanding the Business of Authorship - April 14, 2015
- Do You Love Your Publisher: Author Survey Results - April 10, 2015