Last week, I spoke with Joanna Penn about trends in the publishing industry, e-books and self-publishing, and online marketing (and some other stuff!).
Here’s a brief overview of my Twitter comments, as summarized by Joanna:
On twitter. Jane has over 150,000 followers. Jane was an early adopter but didn’t understand it initially and so abandoned it. Once she had figured it out, she loved it and used it strategically. Her early start was part of the growth of her account. She was one of the first people in writing and publishing tweeting useful links and has stuck to this strategy. She tweets 3-6 times per day and doesn’t use it very conversationally. Twitter has had an amazing impact. Jane explains some of the opportunities that have come her way through the connections she’s made online. [I second this – Twitter, along with blogging, has changed my life.] Social media opportunities also snowball over time. It doesn’t happen immediately. Have patience. Be authentic. Enjoy the process.
Latest posts by Jane Friedman (see all)
- Book Marketing Must Center (Mostly) on the Author: Q&A with Scott Berkun - February 26, 2015
- Start Here: How to Self-Publish Your Book - February 16, 2015
- Write the Book That Keeps You Awake at Night Scared - February 4, 2015
- The Strategic Use of Book Giveaways and How They Can Increase Earnings Potential - January 30, 2015
- 10 Resolutions for a Saner Internet—and Life - January 19, 2015